Powered By Blogger

Saturday 31 December 2011

Review of Sem 2 2011

Well this is quite a very late review of my whole semester 2. This whole semester, I've tried a different approach in my studies as I tried to focus on my social skills more and also my club. It was quite a hectic and "self discovery" semester for me. In addition, it was also my reconfirmation of my future and also in what to do in my life. That's the brief summary of what my semester about. Now it's time for my summary of each unit.

Engineering Management 302:
It was quite hard to understand and was confusing at first. The one that took most of my time was the accounting part of the unit. Trying to figure out what goes with what and also in how to use the formula. The tutorial for the unit had a lot of wrong answers, so sometimes it was difficult in knowing whether answer correctly or not.

Industrial Technology 233:
This was more of a practical unit and hands-on lab work. The test were based on how you memorised the theory and was random to each person in the question. Even during the lab there were quiz. The lab work was the most fun time I had for this unit as I've learn quite a lot in tool handling and also CNC machine handling.

Mechanical Design 238:
The only thing about this unit was the quite confusing maths work available here. Doing the tutorial itself was not enough. You also had to do the past year quiz to understand the unit more better. It was quite hard at the 2nd half of the sem where virtual work and brakes were involve. All in all, it was quite challenging in terms of mathematical application.

Thermodynamics 236:
This was the unit I spent most of my time studying, yet I failed this unit. This kind of unit is not about how much effort you put into your tutorial. heck I've did all the tutorial! It's all about understand and imagining the question/problem. The lecture always emphasise on reading the question and understanding it 1st before you start to attempt the question. I've spent most of my time, reading the question and trying to imagine the whole question before attempting the question. The final really killed me as I was mentally due to me having 3 days of exam straight. All in all, this unit should be understand properly with guidance (if weak) so that, able to understand the question and can attempt the question more faster and easily.

That wraps up my semester. Thanks for reading and Till the next semester.
God bless.

Cheers,
Rick

No comments: